One note: Since today was scheduled to be a Communion Sunday, that will not be included below (Communion is celebrated in a gathered community and the elements blessed by a licensed, commissioned, or ordained pastor). We will celebrate Communion the next time we gather.
Please read to the end for selected announcements. Remember that next week is Daylight Savings Time--be sure to set your clocks forward by one hour on Saturday night so you don't miss worship!
Also, there is a SPRC announcement at the end.
Call to Worship: Psalm 22:25-31
One: From you comes my praise in the great congregation;
Many: my vows I will pay before those who worship the Lord.
One: The poor shall eat and be satisfied;
Many: those who seek the Lord shall praise the Lord! May your hearts live forever!
One: All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the Lord;
Many: and all the families of the nations shall worship before the Lord.
One: For dominion belongs to the Lord who rules over the nations.
Many: All who sleep in the earth shall bow down to the Lord.
One: All who go down to the dust shall bow before the Lord, and I shall live for God.
Many: Posterity shall serve the Lord;
One: each generation shall tell of the Lord, and proclaim his deliverance to a people yet unborn.
Many: Surely the Lord has done it.
Opening Hymn: Where He Leads Me
Response to Prayer: The Gloria Patri
Ponderings: Discuss with those gathered or ask yourself these questions:
1) What is the passage trying to say?
2) What about the passage sticks out to me (good or bad)? Why?
3) What is God trying to say to me through this passage?
Things to Consider: Check out the video of the hymn and read Pastor Bonnie's sermon that she was very excited to preach today! (FYI...you *might* hear it another week)
Roy, who checks the building daily and provides reports.
Our snow-shoveling “fairies”!
The Lippy Family upon the passing of Don.
Norman S. had a stroke and is now home. Prayers only—no calls.
Emma’s brother, Danny, had a stroke and is in serious condition in North Carolina.
Rev. Dan, Interim Pastor at Hampden UMC, had open heart surgery last week.
Hampden UMC, in the midst of their transition to a new pastor, Rev. Jessica Statesman.
Barbara’s friend, Dorothy.
John and Doris Cromwell.
Renice is sick.
Susie’s cousin, Tom, is going for cancer surgery.
Mary J’s eyes.
Continuing Prayer Concerns: Tim P; Evelyn R. and her family; Edie W & Family; Myrtle M; Edith’s Family, Pastor Bonnie’s grandfather, Al, Shirley S., Mary J.
The Lord's Prayer:
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine in the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Closing Hymn: Trust and Obey
1) Bible Studies: Pastor Bonnie’s Bible Study starts on Tuesday, March 3! Please read the Introduction and Chapter 1. Pastor Angie’s Bible Study continues on Friday! Please read the next chapter in your book.
2) Please pick up your new church directory from the 38th Street table. Note that the emergency closing list has changed. If your contact information changes at any point, please call our Administrative Assistant, Rachel, in the church office to update your information.
3) Holy Week and Easter Schedules:
Saturday, March 28: Easter Egg Hunt and Programming
Sunday, March 29, 10am: Palm Sunday Worship with a Children’s Parade of Palms
Thursday, April 2, 7pm: Holy Thursday Worship at Good Shepherd
Friday, April 3, 10:30am: Community Cross Walk (Starts at St. Luke’s Lutheran, finishes at Good Shepherd with a light lunch and worship around 12 noon)
Sunday, April 5: Easter! 7am: Community SonRise Worship at “the Rock” in Roosevelt Park; 10am: Traditional Worship at Good Shepherd, with Communion
4) Daylight Savings Time begins next week! Set your clocks forward by one hour before bed on Saturday night so you don’t miss church!
5) SPRC will meet on Thursday (March 5) at 1:30pm in the Parlor. If you are a member of this committee, please plan to attend. You will receive a phone call this week about it. Please contact our Chair, Sharon Engleman, or Pastor Bonnie with questions.